If you can't find the answer you're looking for or have any specific questions about your own policy, email or call us on 1300 650 540.
Q. How do I make a claim?
A. To notify us of a claim or potential claim there are two simple ways:
- Call 1300 555 030
- Completing an online claim form
Q. What information do I need to make a claim?
A. The more information you are able to provide to a claims consultant, the quicker Allianz will be able to process the claim. In general, you will need to provide the following details:
- Your policy number & type of policy
- Verify your policy details including the name of the insured on the policy
- The date of the loss and the loss address where the incident occurred
- Detailed description of the incident
- Details of any other parties involved
Allianz will also ask you for proof of purchase or evidence of value or ownership at the time of the claim. This could be store receipts, credit card statements, user manuals for recently purchased electrical items, or owner’s handbooks.
Allianz suggest that you store all of your receipts or valuations in a fireproof area or container.
Q. How will my possessions be replaced?
A. Allianz organise the quotes and replacement possessions and do most of the leg work for you.
Q. Dispute Resolution Process: What if I’m not happy with the way my claim is progressing?
A. Ansvar offers an Internal Dispute Resolution Process (IDR) if you aren't satisfied with the outcome or any aspect of a General Insurance claim. To start the process just call us on 1300 555 030 and ask to speak to the Claims Team Leader.
If you are still dissatisfied after the IDR, you may choose to refer the matter to an independent external dispute resolution body, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Find out more at the AFCA Website.
Q. What should I do if someone makes a claim against me?
- Notify us of your claim online as soon as possible, or call our claims department on 1300 650 540 or 1300 555 030 and one of our friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.
- Try to get names and addresses of witnesses, if there are any.
- If possible take a picture of the item’s damaged (eg. Vehicle damage, contents or home damage). their licence as well as damage to both vehicles.
- Don’t make any admissions of liability and don’t attempt to settle any claim made against you.